Sunday 24 February 2019

My Skincare Routine over 7 Days - Morning and Evening - Friday Evening

Friday Evening

Honestly I have been using Vitamin A on my skin for over 15 years.  While I hadn't educated myself on all the other wonderful products I use now, I have always believed in and stayed true to Vitamin A. Thats because it was conclusively proven in 1996 that Vitamin A - used topically, is capable of reprogramming cellular function.  In a nutshell, that means that Vitamin A thickens and stimulates the dermis (deeper layers of the skin) where your collagen, elastin and blood vessels are.  Therefore it reduces wrinkles and increases blood flow to the surface of the skin.  Vitamin A actually increases the deposition of collagen.  This means that the normal ageing process (the breakdown of collagen and elastin, the trampoline in your skin) is slowed down.

I always use Vitamin A in the evening as using it in the daytime means you have to be super vigilant with sunscreen.  If used in the daytime and allowing both UV's and Vitamin A on your skin, you are attempting to do opposite things - one to damage and one to heal. so you will feel irritation and see redness. 

The Vitamin A I use is prescribed by my doctor - Retrieve Cream Tretinoin 0.05% (which is perfectly fine to ask your GP for and they will assess your skin to see if it would be ok) however you can also purchase a great Vitamin A product from #drunkelephant called "A-Passioni Retinol Cream", available from #mecca, that you don't need a doctors prescription for.

Using Vitamin A with hyularonic acid(use the HA first) is a must as they partner perfectly together!


#skincare #antiageing # hydrdatedskin #hydratedskinishappyskin #lookyounger #goodskin #goodskincare #drunkelephant #TheOrdinarySkincare #bioderma #paulaschoice #cetaphil #olay #meccamaxima #meccacosmetica #sephora







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.