Monday 18 May 2015

Fresh Face for Winter!

Summer has well and truly passed, but don’t let this harsh winter air ruin your healthy glow! Today I will be talking about my absolute favourite products to give your skin an extra boost, preventing your skin from becoming dull and lifeless.

Highlighter is your best friend. I use highlighter every time of the year; it is definitely a step I cannot skip in my everyday makeup routine! It immediately creates healthy, glowing, dewy skin-especially important in the winter months.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light is stunning for those looking for a subtler highlight. This powder has a dusty rose undertone and creates a perfect glow-it doesn’t have any shimmer.



Mac Softand Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish was one of the first highlighters I ever purchased-and it is still one of my favourites to this day! This powder is a light pink toned champagne with some gold veining. This product is not as finely refined as the previous highlighter mentioned, however it is not a problem when I am wanting to create a more dramatic, noticeable highlight. This powder virtually goes with any makeup look, as it is both cool and warm toned.



This is probably one of my most dramatic highlighters, NARS Albatross. This powder is an intense gold highlight-absolutely stunning for nighttime. The powder is very finely milled-no harsh glitters transfer onto your face. This highlighter does an amazing job at accentuating the cheekbones and looks absolutely stunning paired with a deep red lip. 



Moving onto blushes, Benefit’s Sugarbomb boxed blush is perfect for adding a healthy glow to the face. Once all four colours are blended together, it is a gorgeous, natural pink colour with a slight shimmer. This blush has an amazing lasting power-I find I can wear it all day without it fading once I go to take my makeup off.



Mac’s Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul is a stunning winter shade-taking your skin back to summer when it was tanned and glowing! This blush is a bronzed, rose-gold like shade and has a noticeable shimmer. This is the perfect blush to swipe on and looks as if you have contoured and highlighted all in one step! This blush compliments medium to darker skintones the best, as it is a deeper shade.



I would love to hear if any of you have tried out these shades and let me know what you think!






(Brisbane mobile hair and makeup artist experienced in weddings, bridal, fromals, tv, photoshoots, theatre-Melissa Coleman (Mobile Spray Tan artist too.)

2 comments:

  1. I never knew there was such a thing as highlighters! I thought there was just blushers. Can you explain or show how to apply highlighters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I like to apply blush to the apple of my cheeks to give a soft flush of colour. Highlighter is then applied above this on the highest point of the cheekbone. Less is more - don't over apply your highlighter! You just want a soft subtle glow!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.