Monday 2 April 2018

Makeup Geek Eyeshadows


I had high expectations for Makeup GeekEyeshadows; they are plastered across YouTube, Instagram and my favourite beauty blogs, so last week I made a purchase on Beauty Bay and decided to try a few shades for myself.

And let me just say, they did not let me down.

The quality of these eyeshadows is highly comparable to my higher end eyeshadows: Nars, Mac and Urban Decay. The good news is: they are a fraction of the price! These shades retail for AUD $10.00 on Beautybay.com.


These eyeshadows are ridiculously buttery, highly pigmented and blend effortlessly. Each eyeshadow pan is magnetic, so I recommend purchasing a Z-Palette so that you can customise your own palette. I also purchase these palettes off Beauty Bay as there is a wide variety to choose from.



(From top right: roulette, cocobear, tiki hut, chickadee, frappe)


And swatched in the order below:




Coco Bear:
 
Finish: matte

Colour: medium-dark reddish, brown. I love using this colour to deepen up the crease and lower lash line when I am creating a more dramatic look.


Tiki Hut:
 

Finish: matte
Colour: medium, warm-toned brown. This colour is perfect for when I am in a rush as I like to blend it all over my lid and into my crease-it looks like I spent a lot more time on my eyeshadow than I did!


Chickadee:


Finish: matte

Colour: orange with yellow undertones. This shade is such a gorgeous and unique transition colour for the crease. It’s a definite must in my collection.


Frappe:














Finish: matte
Colour: medium toned coffee-brown. This is another stunning transition shade that I love to use on my clients. This shade looks amazing paired with a gold eyeshadow on the lid such as MAC ‘Amber Lights.’

Roulette:
 

Finish: shimmery
Colour: reddish, rose gold. This is probably my favourite Makeup Geek eyeshadow that I own. I love using it on my clients with blue eyes as it makes them pop and look INCREDIBLE (And that’s an understatement!). I use this colour on the lid only and make sure to use matte shades in the crease and brow bone, so all the focus is on this gorgeous colour!

I hope this review was helpful and I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on these eyeshadows!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.